Monday, April 18, 2011

In Honor Of...

Last Monday, 4/11 Alyssa Little started work with my company.  It was her next big step in building her career after graduating from college in May, 2010.  On Wednesday evening, 4/13 she passed away in a car accident on Central Expressway.  The following day, Thursday 4/14 would have been her birthday.

Sudden passings like this bring to mind so many of the natural thoughts and reactions.  "Live every day like it's your last."  "Live each day to the fullest."  "One day you're here, next day you're gone."  "Life can change in the blink of an eye."  And the list goes on.  What strikes me about all of these is that they focus on the self.

In the midst of Alyssa's passing, I found myself wondering if I had done right by her in the short time I knew her.  Did I make her feel welcome?  Was I friendly enough to her?

So I offer an alternative thought to all those that consume us when we are confronted with the sudden passing of anyone, especially one so young:

Do your best each day to treat others as if today is their last day.


In memory of Alyssa Ann Little....

1 comment:

  1. Bless her soul! God grant her eternal rest. And thanks for the good thought, Annette.

    ReplyDelete