I'm very blessed to have several friends in my life that no matter how much time has gone past, when we see each other, we pick right back up again. We have our own patterns of conversations, ways of relating to each other and all those old rhythms kick in without missing a beat. Some of these friends I've known for over 10 or 15 years, like Beth and Pete, and some I've know for only a few years. The amount of time we've known each other doesn't matter, just like it doesn't matter how long it's been since we've seen each other. The joy and comfort I have with each of them is still the same and I love it every time I get to experience those friendships in my life.
I also enjoy seeing old friends together and watching how easily they relate to each other and hearing their stories. It's inspiring and heart-warming to see people interact so effortlessly with each other. You can't help but feel joy for them and even get a sense of family from them. One of my favorite places to see this is in the movies. I love directors who use the same actors over and over again or actors who work together as much as possible. Watching people who truly enjoy each other's company makes the movie that much more enjoyable to me. They have a special way of working and relating to each other that strangers just can't do- no matter how skilled an actor they are.
So here's to all the old friends whom I haven't seen in a while. I can't wait to see you again and pick up...right where we left off.
No comments:
Post a Comment